Exactly 1 year ago today, I left on an airplane with the rest of my drama class on a 15 day trip to Poland. We saw the country, and we saw the theatre.
I took photos and wrote notes the entire time.
Over the course of the year, I’ve sporadically been putting those notes and photos online. I find it appropriate, if not entirely coincidental, that my last entry should be published exactly one year from the day of our departure.
You’ll notice in my entries that I switch sporadically between past-tense and present-tense. This is because half of the time, I’m quoting directly from my journal, and the other half, I’m quoting from memory. I know that’s a writing faux pas, but I’m not planning on fixing it. Sorry.
So, without further ado, here is the index to My Poland Journal:
- Departures and Arrivals
- Dazed in Warsaw
- Our Day in Warsaw
- To Wroclaw
- Exploring Wroclaw
- A Taste of Total Freedom
- An Official Tour of Wroclaw
- A Boat Ride, Eating, Videos, AJAX, and More Eating
- The Halfway Point
- Journey To Krakow, Wawel Hill, and The Dragon
- Journey into Auschwitz, and Adventuring Alone in Krakow
- Back to the Hostel
- Getting Sick, To Poznan, and A Sketchy Hostel
- First Day in Poznan, Still Sick, and LA MENZOGNA
- Guerilla Walk and CALIGULA
- Back to Wroclaw, Suzuki, FRAGMENTS, and NEFÉS
- Last Full Day in Poland, and THE TEMPTATION OF QUIET VERONICA
- Homeward Bound, Final Entry
So there you have it. It’s done.
And that’s all I really have to say about that.
Thanks for posting these! I’m still working on my notes from the Grace Hopper Conference. I kind of wish I’d kept a journal of my travels lately, but I took enough pictures I think that the stories can surface.
No problem, glad to have these finally out there. My journal was burning a hole through my desk. 😀
Even after a year, it’s amazing how vivid the memories are when reading back on my little book. Worth doing.
Thanks for posting,