First of all, thanks for the great feedback on my mock-up from last week.
I’ve updated my mock-up again. Here are the highlights:
- The contact tag selector has been decoupled from the search input, and is now on its own
- Added widgets for sorting the contact list (currently only decorative)
- Search queries can be cleared by clicking “X” on the search input
- Support for semi-hierarchical tags
- The contact list has been made wider
- Moved the add / remove contact buttons
I’ve also updated the feedback form. Please give me feedback on this design. Once again, just to reiterate, at this point I’m primarily interested in how the mock-up lists contacts, and allows you to display that list. The view for individual contact details is of less interest to me right now.
Anyhow, check out the new mock-up here.
Usual disclaimer: The code is ugly as hell, and I haven’t tested outside of Firefox.
Note: Each tag should have some contacts. If you’re seeing empty tags (No search results for “”), try the following:
- Go here, and click refresh
- Then go here, and click refresh
- Then go here, hold down shift, and click refresh.
Don’t ask me why this happens, or why the above works. I think people.mozilla.org is doing some caching, and sometimes doesn’t realize that I update my stuff. Or maybe I’m doing my rsync all wrong. I have no idea.
13 people like this post.