In this episode, I took the feedback of my audience, and did a bit of code review, but also a little bit of work on a bug. Specifically, I was figuring out the relationship between NPAPI plugins and Gecko Media Plugins, and how to crash the latter type (which is necessary for me in order to work on the crash report submission UI).
A minor goof – for the first few minutes, I forgot to switch my camera to my desktop, so you get prolonged exposure to my mug as I figure out how I’m going to review a patch. I eventually figured it out though. Phew!
The fourth episode is up! Richard Milewski and I found the right settings to get OBS working properly on my machine, so this weeks episode is super-readable! If you’ve been annoyed with the poor resolution for past episodes, rejoice!
In this fourth episode, I solve a few things – I clean up a busted rebase, I figure out how I’d accidentally broken Linux printing, I think through a patch to make sure it does what I need it to do, and I review some code!
About the address book – I’ve received a bunch of email making suggestions and asking for things. That’s great! I’ll comment on that shortly – I just need a little more time to clear Account Provisioner and Tabs on Top off my plate.